Katla in coconut milk
Updated: Mar 21, 2021
Recipe submitted by – Doel Chakraborty
Katla : 250gm
Coconut Milk : ¼ cup
Onion paste: 2 tablespoons
Tomato paste: ½ cup
Green chillies: 4-5 slit in the middle
Bay leaves: 1-2
Turmeric powder: 3 teaspoons
Salt: according to taste
Sugar: 1 teaspoon
Mustard oil: 3-4 tablespoons
1. Marinade the fishes with 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder and
salt and leave aside for about 10-15 mins.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of mustard oil in the wok. Shallow fry both
sides of the fish carefully and keep it aside.
3. Heat 2-3 tablespoons of mustard oil in the wok. Add the onion
paste and bay leaves and fry for 5-7 mins or until you see a light
reddish colour on the onion.
4. Now add tomato paste, salt, sugar, turmeric and green chili.
5. Add the pieces of fish and then add coconut milk. Cook it on
medium flame until the gravy thickens.
6. Dish out and serve it with plain rice.
Author Speaks: Doel suggests you garnish the dish with some nice
coconut slices on top.